Family Advisory Councils
Family Advisory Councils (FACs) are a diverse group of parents, patients and family members who have received care at one of our Phoenix Children’s facilities. Each council represents different inpatient and outpatient experiences working collaboratively with staff to promote family centered care and improve patient and family experience throughout Phoenix Children’s.
Phoenix Children’s currently has 6 councils representing different areas of care:
- Main Family Advisory Council
- Ambulatory Family Advisory Council
- Heart Center Family Advisory Council
- NICU Family Advisory Council
- Cystic Fibrosis Family Advisory Council
- Children’s Advisory Board
Recent Accomplishments and Achievements
- Provided input to hospital leadership on top items for a positive patient experience; including navigation, patient education, respiratory virus season, Zone programming, changes associated with new Cancer Center location, our patient portal, appointment reminders and the redesign of our website
- Supported enhanced whiteboards in the NICU and CVICU to better communicate with families
- Planned events like Cystic Fibrosis Education Day, NICU Family Reunion, Heart Center Community Town Hall and monthly ‘Meet and Greets’ for hospitalized families in the CVICU and NICU
- Provide monthly education for staff at New Employee Orientation, Clinical Orientation and Resident Orientation.
- Hosted an all FAC luncheon with our President and CEO, Bob Meyer and other hospital leadership
- Shared important feedback to improve hospital processes, specifically for our Retail Pharmacy, Billing department, Radiology and Interventional Radiology
- Presented at Grand Rounds for staff on sibling involvement, titled ‘Every Voice Counts’
- Implemented a Cystic Fibrosis (CF) identifier badge to improve CF family experience
How else do FAC members help?
- Speak from a “parent perspective” at resident orientation, new employee orientation and upon request from individual departments
- Serve on hospital committees
- Collaborate with departments on projects
- Review patient education handouts
- Review policies
The FAC continues to be a voice at Phoenix Children's by serving on the following committees:
- Family Centered Care Rounds
- Code Lavender
- Memorial Service
How to Join
To join any of our Family Advisory Councils, please submit an application and submit to email@example.com. Each council is made up of family members from a variety of backgrounds and diagnoses. Thank you for your patience in waiting for consideration for membership.