Child Life Program
The Child Life Zone is a unique state-of-the-art therapeutic space where kids can be kids. It is a place designed for playing, creating, learning, and connecting with others. located on the first floor of the East Building, this 3,800 square foot procedure-free area gives patients and families the opportunity to enjoy time together in a fun and comfortable environment. The Zone is known as “The Happiest Place in the Hospital!”
- Multi-use theater and gaming wall
- Arcade games including air hockey, pinball, pool, basketball, and foosball
- Interactive broadcast studio that lets kids create and view their own programs for CLZTV, the hospital's own TV network
- Therapeutic craft and activities
- Photo booth
- Telepresence robots
- Kitchen and cooking area
- Positive image room
- Makerspace equipment including a 3D printer and 3D laser printer
- Sports lockers
- Family Entertainment Table
- For patients ages six and older
- Must not be on isolation precaustions
- Nurse approval and Zone sticker required
- Siblings, ages six and older, are welcome when accompanied by a parent
Hours of Operation
Open seven days a week
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
2:30 - 7 p.m.
Teammates for Kids Foundation
The Child Life Zone is made possible by a generous endowment from Garth Brooks’ Teammates for Kids Foundation, which provided funding for the construction of the Zone. Teammates is a network of over 4,700 professional athletes that donate based on their performance. 100% of the money raised goes to children's charities with all overhead costs being paid by the members of the organization's board.
This project was also made possible by Kitchell and its subcontractors who generously donated time and services towards making the project a reality.