Programs & Services
Center for Spine Care
At the Center for Spine Care, we use state-of-the-art techniques to diagnose your child’s condition and create a safe, effective treatment plan. Phoenix Children’s offers integrated care plans to our spine patients that connect to a wide range of special programs and services including:
- ApiFix: A non-fusion system with self-adjusting rods that help straighten the spine without compromising movement and flexibility.
- Barrow Neurological Institute: Cares for children with neurological issues, as well as behavioral and mental health diseases and disorders. Our neurosurgeons from BNI collaborate with our orthopedic surgeons to perform many spine surgeries.
- Center for Trauma Care: Offers lifesaving care for serious physical injuries, including traumatic spine injuries.
- EOS Full-Body X-Ray Imaging: Scans a child’s body in a standing position to provide images of your child’s natural posture.
- Herbert J. Louis Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: Cares for children with injuries, diseases and conditions that impact the bones, joints and muscles.
- MAGEC Rod Clinic: Treats early onset scoliosis by utilizing innovative magnetic rods in order to help stabilize and straighten the spine as the child grows.
- Mehta Casting: A technique for babies used to gently correct spine deformities over time.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: A technique for nerve root decompression, which allows our surgeons to perform an operation with smaller incisions and shorter recovery time.
- Scoliosis Program: Offers advanced care for abnormal curvature of the spine, including early onset scoliosis.
- Tethering: A non-fusion spinal device intended for treatment of idiopathic scoliosis with a tether that pulls the spine into proper alignment.