Sports Medicine Program
Children and teens are not simply little adults: They are growing and changing. Young athletes require specialized care from providers who understand how their bones, joints and muscles develop. They also need providers who understand non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine, like concussions.
The sports medicine team at Phoenix Children’s is focused on injury prevention, treatment, education and family-centered care for growing athletes and young adults. Our team of sports medicine doctors at Phoenix Children’s were first trained in pediatrics and then completed specialized training in sports medicine. Many were youth athletes themselves, so they come equipped with a unique understanding of physical competition starting at a young age.
Our associated Sports Medicine Physical Therapy program was designed with young athletes in mind and is the only sports medicine physical therapy facility in the Valley dedicated exclusively to serving growing athletes.
When you choose Phoenix Children’s for your child’s care, you are choosing a sports medicine team dedicated to providing the support and healing they need to recover quickly and perform at their highest potential. You can count on Phoenix Children’s to consider your child’s long-term health and offer education and training, along with a treatment treatment plan that is most appropriate for their stage of development and your family’s needs.
Commitment to Community
Our sports medicine team is committed to serving the needs of young athletes in our community. Our team includes athletic trainers who work alongside Phoenix Children’s physicians and staff in our clinics, as well as collaborate directly with athletes and coaches in the community. Our physicians and athletic trainers support:
- Club sports: Our team supports the sports medicine and athletic training needs of area soccer, baseball, football, rugby and softball clubs.
- Dance medicine: We provide sports medicine care for pre-company (pre-professional) dancers associated with the Ballet Arizona.
- High school athletics: We provide medical direction for 12 high schools across the Valley. We also provide athletic training services for one area school.
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Ice Den Hockey
- Pat’s Run
- Phoenix Rising
- Playmaker Youth Sports
- Special Olympics
- The PCH 5K
Past community partners:
- Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts of America
- Rock n’ Roll Marathon
- Phoenix Youth Football
- SC Del Sol Soccer
- Scottsdale Blackhawks Soccer
- Now offering Sports Medicine Physical Therapy!
- Want a Second Opinion? — Chat, call, or complete this form to request a second opinion appointment.
- Your Child's Hospital Stay — Learn more about our campus services and what you can do to prepare for your visit.
Our nationally recognized physicians are dedicated to focusing on your child's unique needs in the following specialties: