Programs & Services
Emergency Medicine Department
Note: If your child is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
Our Emergency Department provides:
- A 24/7 community physician referral line for direct communication with Emergency Department staff.
- Experts in all areas of emergency pediatrics who communicate medical information to families and their private physicians.
- Continuous efforts to minimize wait times.
- An observation area where children requiring re-evaluation prior to discharge may be revisited.
- A customized medical follow-up system based on family preferences.
- An environment specifically designed with child-friendly features to ease fear and anxiety.
- Conscious sedation for painful procedures.
- TV, books and age-appropriate activities in each exam room.
- Child Life specialists who work with patients, families and loved ones.
- Interpreter services