Donate Toys, Books or Family Items
Phoenix Children's Donation Guidelines
Donate Toys, Books or Family Items
Donating toys, books, clothing or family items makes a big difference for patients and their families when they need it most. As a hospital, Phoenix Children's has a few donation guidelines. Please watch the four-minute donation guidelines video above for complete information.
Toys are given to patients by our Child Life Team to celebrate holidays, birthdays and achievements in their treatment. These donations also help supply our playrooms or help patients through particularly tough days. To ensure the well-being of patients we have guidelines regarding what can be accepted. Please watch the four-minute video above for complete information. A few key parameters and items most needed are listed below:
- All toy and stuffed animal donations must be brand new with tags still attached and in their original packaging.
- We cannot accept toys that are violent in nature or have weapon accessories.
- We cannot accept toys that include any food or candy.
- The drop off location is reviewed in the video, since the December drop off location is different.
Clothing Closet: Our clothing closet is always accepting donations of new clothes. We're looking for:
- Baby clothes
- Large and extra-large shirts and elastic waist pants
- Large child sizes of underwear and sports bras
- Adult clothing for parents
The Coffee Cart: This cart provides free coffee and refreshments to families, visitors and staff. We're looking for:
- “Ziploc” snack-sized bags
- Store-bought cookies (not homemade)
- Snacks such as granola bars, fruit snacks, small bags of chips, crackers, pretzels
Emily Center Library Book Cart: The Book Cart offers free new books to patients and their families. We're looking for:
- Baby board books for ages 0-3 years
- Princess books
- Children’s books written in Spanish
- Golden Books
The Family Care Cart: This cart provides families with essentials for when they spend extended periods of time at the hospital. We're looking for:
- Personal hygiene items
- Hair accessories
- Non-skid socks (new)
- Adult-size blankets (new)
- Decks of cards (new)
- Sudoku games /word search games, etc. (new)
- Coloring books/crayons (new)
Food Pantry: When children have to stay in the hospital for long periods of time, their parents or caregivers often have to buy meals from the hospital cafeteria. The food pantry provides convenience and financial relief to the families who are here for extended periods of time. We're looking for:
- Single serving peanut butter
- Microwaveable macaroni and cheese, Cup o’ Noodles
- Single serving cereal boxes and oatmeal
- Individually wrapped granola bars and crackers
- Single serving fruit cups and applesauce cups
- Easy-to-open canned pasta and chili
Pastoral Care: The Pastoral Care team provides support in all faiths to patients and families at the hospital. Needed items:
- Bibles, New Testaments, Book of Mormon, etc.
Holiday Toy Drive
Each year unwrapped new toys are accepted from toy drives held by companies, community organizations and individual donors. Every child admitted to the hospital over the December holidays will receive a toy. Any holiday donations that are not distributed help sustain our ability to give toys to children in the hospital throughout the year. A link with complete December holiday Toy Drive information is posted here in Autumn each year.