Pediatric Residency Program
We believe a robust clinical experience in residency needs to be accompanied by equally robust academic conferences to build a knowledge base, confirm concepts, cover topics not seen in the clinical setting, and assist with board preparation.
- Academic Block Conference – 10:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. every Thursday.
- Protected time from clinical responsibilities.
- Four Class Break-Out sessions with residents as educators, implicit bias, professionalism, communication, wellness, and cultural competency curricula.
- 18-month repeating curriculum with monthly themes emphasizing core pediatric topics and board preparation, health equity, patient safety and quality.
- HouseStaff – 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the first Thursday Academic Block Conference presented by HouseStaff Leadership.
- Resident initiatives
- Resident Committees
- Patient Safety Conference – Monthly during Thursday Academic Block Conference presented by senior residents and faculty preceptors.
- Resident Wellness Curriculum
- Resident Appreciation Day
- Resident Benefits + Wellness & Resiliency Fair
- Simulation Curriculum – Monthly when on inpatient wards rotations (both PCH and Valleywise) presented by Chief Residents and faculty preceptors.
- Morning Report – 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. every Friday with case-based instruction presented by Chief Residents and senior residents.
- Intern Report – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. every Wednesday with case-based instruction presented by intern residents.
- Resident Journal Club – Monthly journal club presented by residents and faculty preceptors at a local restaurant.