Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
Our team is made up of pediatric cardiac critical care physicians with specialized training and congenital heart disease expertise who provide unparalleled expertise to heart patients, from admission through discharge. We oversee the clinical care of critically ill children with cardiac conditions who are admitted for surgery, cardiac catheterization or illness.
Our team is made up of pediatric cardiac critical care physicians with specialized training and congenital heart disease expertise. We oversee the clinical care of critically ill children with cardiac conditions who are admitted for surgery, cardiac catheterization or illness.
Your Care Team
- Dedicated pediatric cardiac nurses
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons
- Pediatric cardiac intensivists
- Pediatric cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiac nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Child Life specialists
- Social workers
A member of Phoenix Children's pediatric cardiac intensive care team is available 24/7 to provide critical care services for children who have congenital heart disease or other cardiac/thoracic illnesses.
Most patients are admitted and discharged from our state-of-the-art department without ever needing a transfer to another location within the Hospital. All patients are cared for by the same medical and nursing team during their admission, allowing patients and loved ones an opportunity to form trusting relationships with their care team.
- Want a Second Opinion? — Chat, call, or complete this form to request a second opinion appointment.
- Your Child's Hospital Stay — Learn more about our campus services and what you can do to prepare for your visit.
Our nationally recognized physicians are dedicated to focusing on your child's unique needs in the following specialties:
- Center for Heart Care
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program
- Electrophysiology & Heart Rhythm Program
- Cardiology Program
- Complex Congenital Heart Follow-up Program
- Fetal Cardiology Program
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Heart Surgery Program
- Heart Transplant/Heart Failure Program
- Interventional Cardiology Program