How To Prepare For Your Appointment
Fetal Care Center
Your dedicated care coordinator will be in touch with you throughout each phase of your baby’s care. We want to ensure that you are fully informed and have an understanding of your baby’s condition, treatment options, care plan, involved medical team and next steps.
Below is a list of topics that we will discuss with you throughout your baby’s care journey. You may also download and print this information by selecting the following links:
- Concerns raised at your routine ultrasound or obstetrician appointment.
- Specific lab tests and imaging services that may be performed during pregnancy, their key purposes and how you prepare for each one. This may include blood tests, fetal ultrasound, fetal echocardiogram, fetal MRI, etc.
- Your baby’s medical diagnosis and how it will affect your baby. At this stage, we want to make sure you have a good understanding of any medical terms related to your baby’s condition.
- Personal concerns or worries you may have throughout this process; we encourage you to share your thoughts with us so that we may provide assistance.
- If and how your child’s condition is impacting your family, including siblings, spouse and extended family; again, we encourage you to share with us so that we may help you with relevant support services.
- Should your child’s condition change how your family lives, we will discuss proven coping methods.
- Throughout this process, taking care of yourself is essential so you can best care for your baby. Periodically, we will touch base to make sure you are making YOU a priority.
- Additional resources are available to help you and your family during this time. Based on your specific challenges, we have many different supportive and educational resources available.
- Complete contact list of your baby’s total care team, including specialists from Phoenix Children’s, your obstetrician, your maternal fetal medicine provider, and any other doctors or nurses who are involved in your baby’s delivery and care plan.
- Your desired birth plans and location for your baby.
- Complete outline of your baby’s treatment plan and hospital stay.
We truly appreciate you trusting us with your baby’s care. If you have any questions, please call 602-933-4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.