Injury Prevention ProgramSmart Steps to Prevent Injury and Protect Children
You want to protect the children in your life so they’ll enjoy happy, carefree days as they learn and grow. But today’s world can present risks of all types for children of all ages. Each year, thousands of children are hurt or lose their lives to preventable injuries. The Injury Prevention Program at Phoenix Children’s offers education and outreach to make the world a safer place for kids.
Our specialists are part of a partnership with Phoenix Children’s Level 1 Trauma Center and other injury prevention experts. We offer knowledge, tools and support to help you prevent childhood injuries.
Our Programs and Services
Phoenix Children’s Injury Prevention experts offer many programs and services, in collaboration with many community partners, which include:
- Home Safety & Safe Sleep – Including safe sleep for infants and preventing injuries in kids of any age
- Road Safety – Keeping children and families safer on or off the road
- Water Safety and Drowning Prevention – Preventing child drownings, which are nearly twice as likely in Arizona versus other states
- Behavioral Health Safety – Cross-specialty education to reduce risks such as substance abuse, injury by unsecured firearms or medication, violence or suicide
Learn more about our programs and services.
Support for Families and the Community
You’ll find Phoenix Children’s Injury Prevention Program on our Main Campus and out in the community offering guidance and resources. We provide lifesaving safety messaging from emergency doctors and other injury prevention experts and specialists. We’re here for you and your family. We’re also reaching out to others in the community who may have special or unique needs, including:
- Afterschool programs
- Residential or transitional living group homes
- Schools that serve at-risk families and communities
Resources to Learn and Share
Phoenix Children’s provides helpful resources – including downloadable materials – so you can learn more and share with others. We want to prevent injuries so our family, neighbors and friends are less likely to need urgent care, emergency or trauma services at Phoenix Children’s.
You can find child and family injury prevention blogs on Phoenix Children’s Bright Futures Blog.
Meet some of our friends and partners who care about the community and keep everyone safer. You’ll find a variety of leaders who contribute support and expertise. They help us communicate important messaging, including the latest information and resources related to preventable injuries.