Programs & Services
Spinal Surgery Program
Who do we treat?
- Patients needing emergency spine surgery.
- Patients with tumors located on or near the spine.
- Patients who have scoliosis.
We work closely with the specialists at he Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's, the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Phoenix Children's, Diagnostic Imaging Department, Physical Medicine team and the Rehabilitation Center to ensure each patient receives a comprehensive path to healing.
What to expect from spinal surgery:
- Surgery usually takes up to five hours.
- Surgery requires four to five days of recovery in the Hospital after the procedure.
- Most patients can be back to regular activities and sports within six months.