Programs & Services
The Emily Center
The Emily Center is open during our regular hours as listed below.
Visit the COVID-19 resource center to learn more.
Emily Center Programs and Services
The Emily Center offers a full range of services, educational resources and support. We serve people within and outside of our Thomas Campus and outpatient locations. Visit us on the first floor of Phoenix Children’s East building. You can also explore available online health information, including video, games, and apps.
At the Emily Center
If you visit us at the Emily Center, you will find areas to read, learn and relax. In our kids’ corner there are many age-friendly options. Kids can learn about their own health experience or the condition of a family member or friend. Explore these and many other options:
- Mindfulness room – This is a relaxing place to get away for a bit with virtual reality experiences and two massage chairs. Ask about scheduling a 30-minute massage-chair session.
- Learning studio – Nurses and other health providers use this room for interactive teaching. Learning tools include Phoenix Children’s “Visible Body” interactive software and 3D models.
- Business center – You can use the center’s equipment and resources, including computers, printers and fax. Get internet access to check email for school or work updates.
- Notary – You can request a certified notary to witness signatures on important business and legal documents in this quiet and privately enclosed area. We welcome walks in. Please note our notary is unavailable 30 minutes before closing time.
- Online health information – Learn more about a variety of digital resources to help keep you informed and engaged. These include an online pediatric health library and Phoenix Children’s Bright Futures blog plus kid-friendly learning and teaching apps.
- Kids’ Corner – This is a special area just for kids where they can go to learn about their own health condition or a sibling’s condition. Books, iPads, and other resources are available
Expert Services and Support
The Emily Center offers these and other resources, equipment and services free of charge:
- Media that speaks your language – Our experts choose and update printed and digital publications and interactive media. You can count on us to bring you trusted, family-friendly information. We offer bilingual educational services and materials in English and Spanish. We can assist with other languages as needed.
- Reliable resources on children's health diagnoses – You can learn more about conditions as common as tonsillitis or as rare as Rett syndrome. The details you need are here – from diagnosis through treatment and day-to-day challenges. Ask our pediatric nurses and staff to learn more about your specific concerns.
- Custom research from skilled pediatric nurses – Our knowledgeable staff can help you find answers to questions and direct you to what you need. Ask us if you would like a custom research packet. We can help with most any condition, treatment, or health topic.
- Support groups – We can offer information about support groups. Some meet in person and/or online. You can connect with other caregivers and families with first-hand experience dealing with a particular pediatric condition or disease. These groups vary in areas of focus. They offer education, guidance, and opportunities to share the emotions and changes of life caring for a child or loved one with a challenging condition.
- Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) – Our PFAC volunteers include current and former patients, family and caregivers. They help us to enhance quality care and the healthcare experience. The council meets regularly to share insights, suggestions, and guidance in selected areas of interest. Learn more about available PFACs and how to participate.
The Emily Center Fact Sheet PDF