Programs & Services
Center for Heart Care
The pediatric cardiology team at Phoenix Children’s offers many programs, services and technologies to support our young patients and their families. We work with soon-to-be-parents navigating a prenatal diagnosis to children, adolescents and teens. We’ll even help young adults take the next step in their treatment journey and help them transition to adult cardiac care.
Compassionate Care Starts with Diagnosis
Your child’s heart journey begins with accurate and reliable testing and diagnosis. At Phoenix Children’s Center for Heart Care, we offer state-of-the-art tools and sophisticated treatments to care for your child.
Our cardiology and related services include:
- Cardiac catheterization (minimally invasive approach using thin, flexible catheters to diagnose and treat heart conditions)
- Cardiac imaging, including ultrasound, MRI and CT
- Cardiodiagnostics, including:
- Exercise stress testing
- Holter and event recording
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) (advanced life support for heart, lungs and circulation)
Cardiology and Specialized Services
Your child’s cardiologist and care providers may recommend additional specialized care involving these or related programs at Phoenix Children’s Center for Heart Care:
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Advanced heart failure
- Cardiovascular intensive care unit (CVICU) with critical care cardiologists available 24/7
- Electrophysiology and heart rhythm including catheter ablation, device implantation and medical arrhythmia management
- Fetal cardiology
- Fontan Clinic
- Heart surgery
- Heart transplantation
- Interventional cardiology
- Mechanical circulatory support (MCS) such as ventricular assist devices and other mechanical heart and lungs support
Holistic Support for Your Child’s Whole Health
At Phoenix Children’s, we understand that your child’s heart health happens outside of our exam rooms. We offer many types of support for children and families, including medical services, preventive care, health and wellness education, and personal support.
Ask your child’s care team about these and other available services:
- Child Life Services
- Diet and nutrition counseling
- Educational library
- Genetic and other counseling
- Neurodevelopmental assessment and follow-up
- Online health library to learn more about your heart and blood vessels, congenital heart conditions and more.
- Pet therapy
- Playrooms, toys and games
- Schoolwork and student educational support for kids during extended hospital stays
Research and Innovation
Cardiologists at Phoenix Children’s collaborate with other specialists and scientists to improve heart care. Recent research includes customized heart models that help with patient education and pre-surgery planning. Our clinical studies test promising new therapies so they’re available sooner. Projects like these contribute to exceptional pediatric heart care:
Learn more about clinical research trials at Phoenix Children’s.