Pediatric Residency Program
We believe reading and retaining information to care for patients and prepare for boards should be personalized and tailored to the needs of each resident.
- Complimentary American Academy of Pediatrics membership with access to:
- Pediatrics in Review articles
- Pediatric Review and Education Program (PREP) questions
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Patient educational materials
- Many more resources!
- MedStudy: All interns receive complementary access to MedStudy. All third years receive complementary access to MedStudy Qbank (2,000+ board-style Q&As).
- Hippo Education Peds Board Review: All third-year residents receive complementary access to the Hippo Education Peds Board Review product for 15 months (to include study time post-graduation with Board Exam in October). This product includes 150+ hours of board review video lectures, adaptive Qbank (1,250+ board-style Q&As), and Peds RAP monthly Podcast.
- Senior Resident Board Review: Board review curriculum designed specifically for graduating residents in lieu of the last hour of Thursday Academic Block Conference from April to June of third year.
- Board P.A.S.S (Personalized Assessment & Support for Success) Program: Structured program targeting and supporting at-risk residents to increase first time Board passage rate. Residents are enrolled based on previous testing performance (failed Step or COMLEX) and/or in-training exam (ITE) scores.
- Intern Year – Personalized coaching, learning resources, and monthly tracking of PREP questions.
- Second Year – Personalized coaching, learning resources, and paid access to Hippo Education Peds Board Review. Monthly tracking of Hippo Peds Qbank questions.
- Third Year - Personalized coaching, learning resources, monthly tracking of both PREP questions + Hippo Education Peds Qbank questions.
- In-training exams: Multiple-choice exam administered annually each July. Results are used to track individual resident progress, predict board pass rate, and help our program determine gaps in our educational offerings.
- Medical library: Residents have access to three medical libraries and highly skilled librarians from Phoenix Children's, Valley wise Health Medical Center and The University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix. Medical librarians are knowledgeable about the multitude of online and print reference books, journals, and apps available to make answering clinical and research questions easier.
- Other board review materials and courses may be reimbursed with book money.