Phoenix Children’s Hospital welcomes visiting students in their final year of medical school from LCME accredited medical schools in the US or Puerto Rico and AOA/COCA accredited medical schools. Students may be able view our catalog in the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) and apply for rotations starting March 1, 2022.
Visiting Student URM Scholarship Underrepresented in Medicine (URM)
- We believe that diversity enriches both our clinical and educational environments and are committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering the career development of outstanding medical students from diverse backgrounds. We welcome 4th year medical students who are Underrepresented in Medicine to apply for our Visiting Scholars Program!
- We are providing stipends of up to $1,500 to qualified students who are applying into a pediatrics or med-ped residency to help subsidize the cost of an away rotation.
- We define the following groups as underrepresented for all programs: Black (African/African American), Latino/Hispanic (Mexican American, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Central American, South American), Native American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander.
- URM scholarship candidates must apply in VSLO for an Inpatient Pediatrics Sub-Internship Rotation for blocks August 28 - January 28, 2024 to be considered.
- To learn more about the URM scholarship, you may contact Sandra Barker, Diversity and Inclusion Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Application Requirements:
- Do not contact course directors, coordinators, faculty or any PCH staff member for any reason during the application process. Contacting any of these parties may result in your ineligibility for current and future rotations. All inquiries must be directed to MedicalStudentPrgm@phoenixchildrens.com.
- Applications must be submitted in VSLO 60 days in advance. Incomplete, late applications and applications outside of VSLO will not be considered or reviewed.
- Students will be notified 30-60 days after application is submitted regarding their status.
- Visiting students may apply for rotations that start August 28, 2023 or later.
- We do not offer off block rotations. No exceptions will be made.
- Must be in final year of medical school and must have passed all 3rd year requirements prior to the start of the 4th year rotation.
- Must have completed six weeks of pediatrics in your third year of medical school. Six weeks of pediatrics may be any combination of pediatrics inpatient or pediatrics outpatient. Application Requirements:
- Letter of good academic standing from medical school.
- Liability insurance required by the state of Arizona ($1 million per claim/$3 million aggregate)
- Current Immunization documentation. Our program requires medical students to be fully COVID vaccinated.
- HIPPA Training
- Medical School Transcript (uploaded by home institution)
- 12 panel drug screen
- BLS or ACLS certification: Submit a copy of the front and back
- USMLE/COMLEX test scores
- Personal statement (One-page max): Why are you interested in applying to Phoenix Children's Hospital and how does a rotation with our program fit into your future medical career?
Phoenix Children’s does not provide housing for medical students.