Screening & Testing
COVID-19 Resource Center
We screen every patient, visitor and staff member who comes to our hospital and clinics. We also test surgical patients in advance of their procedures as well as any patients who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Patients and visitors: We screen every patient and caregiver who comes to our hospital or clinics. Anyone who has a fever and/or cold or flu-like symptoms will be asked to reschedule or schedule a telehealth appointment. If this is not possible, they will be provided a medical mask to wear during the visit. Patients and caregivers who do not have symptoms will be permitted to wear their own personal mask. If they do not have their own mask, one will be provided for them.
- Providers and employees: We screen all staff every time they enter our hospital or other sites of service. This includes recording temperatures and ruling out cold/flu-like symptoms. Any employees with symptoms cannot report to work.
- Surgical patients: All patients scheduled for a procedure that requires anesthesia must be tested 3-4 days in advance. This gives us time to get test results before the procedure.
- All other patients: Patients who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are placed in strict isolation and tested for COVID-19.
- Patients who test positive are placed in a special unit away from other patients, families and visitors.